Decision to extend countrywide lockdown was unanimous: Sindh CM

Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah on Wednesday said that the rate of coronavirus patients has decreased due to the lockdown and the decision to extend countrywide lockdown was taken unanimously in an effort to stop the spread of coronavirus pandemic.

He said that they asked for the data but National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA) couldn’t provide them.

The chief minister said Prime Minister Imran Khan assured him of providing facilities, adding that they were not getting data.

Murad Ali Shah also said that he has no objection with the name Tiger Force.

To a question, he said the distribution of ration bags has not been initiated by the government, but directed the welfare organisations to distribute the ration bags to the needy people at their door steps.

On the other hand, the Sindh CM said that first case of coronavirus had surfaced in Sindh. On February 26 and so far total 676 confirmed cases have been reported across the province. Including 274 in Karachi, 128 in Hyderabad and 265 pilgrims cases in Sukkur.

Murad Ali Shah said that the out of 276 cases the local transmission was 338. Which was 50 percent of the tested cases. This showed that the local transmission was further aggravating, he said.

“The government hospitals have reported 1874 pneumonia cases, of them 124 were tested for corona. Private hospitals reported 702 cases and 27 of them were also tested,” he added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *