In wake of the rise of the novel coronavirus pandemic cases across the country, the doctors on Tuesday advised Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah to extend lockdown in the province to curb the spread of the pandemic.
According to sources, the doctors while expressing concern said that if the lockdown is not extended in Sindh province, the number of coronavirus patients will increase which would collapse the country’s healthcare system.
The sources said that the Sindh CM has decided to hold consultation over the doctors’ suggestion.
On the other hand, the lockdown in the province has caused billions of rupees loss and given this situation, the provincial government has decided to bring ordinance to provide relief to various segments.
The contents of the proposed ordinance have been completed, sources said.
Murad Ali Shah has completed consultation with senior cabinet members in this regard and under the proposed ordinance, revenue collection for different sectors will be softened.
Concession in collection of provincial revenue is also included in the proposed ordinance.
Lockdown extended till April 14
On Thursday, Sindh government had extended the lockdown in the province till April 14. A notification in this regard had been issued.
The decision has been taken after the federal government decided to impose restrictions and continue lockdown across the country in wake of the coronavirus outbreak. The Sindh government will again review the situation on April 14 to devise future course of action.
Meanwhile, Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, took on twitter to express his appreciation towards the citizens. CM Sindh thanked his citizen for an effective Friday lockdown that lasted for 3 hours.
The lockdown was held to restrict any Friday congregation to reduce the widespread of the Coronavirus. Sindh Government under the orders of CM Sindh, had a full-fledged lockdown from 12-3 Pm, making sure no one was out during the time of “Jummah prayers”.